Welcome to my 365 project for 2011. My goal is to capture the ordinary and extraordinary parts of my life. Here goes nothing...

Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 108


It was a VERY warm day here. I think we may have reached 95. We spent the afternoon playing in the backyard soaking up the warmth and trying not to get blown away by the wind gusts.

On a side note, please pray for the people affected by the wildfires here in Texas. One of our friends lost their lake cabin and the fires are not even close to being under control. Fortunately, they weren't there at the time, but the 40+mph winds are keeping firefighters from containing the fires all over the state. Over 1 million acres have burned throughout Texas in the last week. It seems that there is natural disaster all over the country right now.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

THoughts and prayers go out to those all affected! What a lovely photo of your daughter!! We are under a winter weather advisory for tomorrow night so those 95 degree temps sound awesome, just not the wind and fires. :(

Kristin said...

This picture of Cameron is Adorable! I love shots like this where the subject is looking over their shoulder. It is so crisp and clear and you captured her spirit beautifully. Great job!

Photography said...

Oh I hadn't heard of the fires! :-(
Beautiful shot of your girl!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

yes I saw the fires on the news, hope everyone is safe

Courtney said...

I will definitely be praying for you guys in TX!! How sad and scary!! She looks JUST like you in this photo! Also, since you are my token gymnastic coach I thought you would appreciate this photo! I am so proud of her!
http://365.clickitupanotch.com/2011/04/21/111365/

Michelle said...

That's horrible about the fires...I'll definitely keep it in prayer. Thanks for praying for my family while we were gone. I'm glad to report that all is well.

I just caught up with your photos...what fun to have several to view at once. My favorites are the carnival, the bubble beard, the catfish (wow), and the missing tooth. :)

Carrie said...

My prayers definitely go out to all Texas peeps effected by the fires! Cute pic.