Welcome to my 365 project for 2011. My goal is to capture the ordinary and extraordinary parts of my life. Here goes nothing...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 82

I am learning to embrace the fact that all my pictures don't have to show the person's face in order to tell a story or capture the moment.

What a glorious day to be outdoors. I am so thankful for more hours of daylight in the afternoons so we can be out enjoying the warm temperatures. Cameron and I dug out the bubbles from last summer and chased those little floaters all over the yard. Completely slimy from the soap when we were done, but we didn't care.

I will be away from my computer for a few days. I promise I will catch up on Saturday.

ISO 200, f5.6, 1/400
Click it Up a Notch

16 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay for embracing no faces :O) It makes for some fun photos like this one! Great job on capturing that bubble!!! Enjoy your time away from the computer :O)

Michelle said...

I like it this way...it's perfect!

Enjoy your time away from the computer.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Great fun! nicely captured

Unknown said...

This is so true. That's how a lot of magazines shoot!

Tracy said...

Yay for no faces ;) It feels just not right at first, but it makes for some fun shots I think!! This one is great!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a fun day!

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a fun day!

Jennifer said...

This is awesome! I am so envious! We had a snow storm here yesterday and any grass that was visible is long gone. :(

I'm hosting a new linkie at my site called Fabulous Friday and I'd love it if you would participate!
http://mcdougallphotography.blogspot.com/2011/03/fabulous-friday-linkie-party.html

Photography said...

I LOVE this so much!! Captured the fun and has a retro feel to it too.

Melissa said...

I LOVE this!!! Definitely tells an awesome story with needing the face. My daughter got those bubbles for her bday I can't wait to break them out and shorts too! :) So jealous of your warmth! :)

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

I love this shot!

flojomo said...

great shot, love the bubbles.

Kimberly Gauthier, Dog Nutrition Blogger for Keep the Tail Wagging said...

I have to admit that I'm a fan of partial faces. I think it adds more interest to the photography. Plus, if you want the focus on something other than the face, this is a great trick that you pulled off beautifully. I love it.

Janell said...

Very cute action shot!

Kristin said...

Great shot! Even without a face, it tells a wonderful story.

Unknown said...

I just found your photos and this is such a neat way for us to keep up with you all. Great photos!