Welcome to my 365 project for 2011. My goal is to capture the ordinary and extraordinary parts of my life. Here goes nothing...

Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 87

Today is my 35th birthday, and I have to be honest. I'm not embracing my new age very well. I don't feel older, but I just can't wrap my brain around the number. I've been very blessed with a wonderful husband, daughter, family, and friends that love me. I'm healthy and I've actually dropped 5 pounds in the last two weeks because I've been exercising more and eating better. So in an effort to celebrate this day, I've put myself in front of the camera. Yes, I have more gray hair and some new wrinkles around my eyes that I didn't have 10 years ago, but I wouldn't trade the life that I've been given. A few years ago, I couldn't say this, but today I love me and the woman that I've become.



This ended up being my favorite photograph of the week. Who knew I'd ever get to a place where I'd accept the way I look.

8 comments:

Photography said...

If I look that good at 35 I'll be happy. Love the whole feel of this shot the position the edit - really beautiful and should be framed!! Happy Birthday :-)

Kristin said...

What a great post! I love your selfie, and Happy Birthday to an amazing photographer, a wonderful mom, and a lovely woman. I hope you had a lovely day because you deserve it.

Courtney said...

Oh! I love this! You look fabulous! Happy Birthday to you!! I love you and the woman you are too!! So happy I got to share a classroom with you for a year :O)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Carlynn. You are very beautiful. I hope you have a terrific day!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

It only gets better with age. I wish I as this happy with myself when I was young. Beautiful birthday photo, may you have many happy healthy years ahead.

Tracy said...

This is just beautiful!!! You look great! Love your positioning, so unique!

Jennifer Thompson said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful lady!
You make 35 look great. Hope you have a wonderful day. CHEERS!

Jennifer said...

This is beautiful! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thank you for participating in Fabulous Friday!